Charlecote
















The great escape, again! The boys have had a weekend 'oop norf' and left little me to hold the fort all by myself again. Oh peace and quiet, I have missed you!

Yesterday I took Mom and Roger to Charlecote for their first visit. We had a lovely visit, the weather was fine albeit a little chilly. On the green in front of the Orangery were folk dancers from both Birmingham and Sweden which provided lovely entertainment for the morning. As usual, we weren't overly impressed with the cafe (possibly the only NT cafe that displeases me!), I don't know when I will learn and just take a picnic!

We had a lovely, really lovely walk around the house. Not having little'un with us makes it much more relaxed and we can actually have a look around without being whisked off every 30 seconds!

It was lovely to see the end of the tulips and Mother Hen fell in love with the little 'pom pom' flowers used in the parterre, though when we scoured the garden centre, none were to be seen! She was a little disappointed but we will keep looking!


Comments

  1. doesn't the world feel better when the sun shines..... !? never had an issue with the Charlecote cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love to read your messages so please say take a minute to say hello!

Popular Posts