Aspects of Calke


Wednesdays. Now Mr Bee doesn't have his swimming lesson on Wednesday afternoon, it means I am free to do as I please for the whole school day. You don't know how amazing that feels!!
So for my first Wednesday to myself, I hopped up the road to Calke Abbey with my camera, my sketching pencils and my book for some quiet time.




Snowdrops can be found everywhere at the moment, they are a fleeting little flower, not here for long and many of the snowdrops at Calke did look like they were going to be past their best soon. Needless to say, I had very muddy knees and elbows from getting down and dirty with just about every cluster of snowdrops in the garden.










It was really refreshing to visit, just me and my camera and actually focus on all of the little things. It's surprising how much you miss when you have a little one running away from you pretty much constantly. This was just a few of my favourites from the day, which ones are your favourites? Please do let me know!!

Comments

  1. You are obviously a talented photographer Heidi so picking the best from your excellent portfolio isn't easy but I like the pic of the lock from above. It's from an unusual angle and one I'd never have even thought of!
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I noticed on my trip that I was trying lots of different angles, looking up and looking down! My particular favourite is the last one, looking up at an outside lamp. I like the composition!
      Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts Andy, I always like a bit of feedback :)

      Delete
    2. I thought it was a bell-push Heidi! Like you've said before - its how we look at things.
      Andy

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love to read your messages so please say take a minute to say hello!

Popular Posts