Ilam to Dovedale


Yesterday, me and the bee took a little trip to the Peak District. Oh my, we have been talking about this trip for at least two years, and we have never actually made it. But  wow, it was worth the wait. What a beautiful place to be.




We started our walk through the beautiful village of Ilam. The village was remodelled in this Swiss Alpine design which just set my heart a flutter!!



Then we made our way to the trail, past Bunster Hill towards Thorpe Cloud, the magnificent looking hill with a flat top!




We shared our walk with lots of sheep, cows and birds! Then we made it to the gorgeous Dovedale (as did everyone else and their brother, it was heaving!).








How was that for a gorgeous day out? I can't believe it has taken me quite so long to venture out to this part of England even though its only an hour away!

Comments

Popular Posts