Snowshill Manor


With this sudden surge of fantastic weather, I didn't want to waste my Wednesday (my whole day to myself) doing jobs and staying at home, so after dropping the bee at school, I skipped off to one of my favourite corners of the UK for an explore.

After a beautiful drive through the sandy coloured Cotswolds, I arrived at Snowshill Manor, a country house nestled in a cotswold valley. The house is home to a collection to rival all collections. Charles Wade devoted his life to filling the Manor with over 300,000 items.

It was a beautiful day so I chose to walk the little route to the house instead of being taken on the buggy. I admired the blossom blooming on the trees and the buds waiting to unravel. I even made friends with a beautiful little lamb, the first one I have seen up close this year!





Then on to the house. Goodness me.
Each room is stuffed full, you literally walk through each door with your jaw on the floor! With collectables and antiques from all corners of the earth, you would be surprised to learn that the collection was ammased almost entirely from British sellers. Wade would go on his little 'forages', maybe like a modern day car boot hound!






Particular favourites of mine were the room of a hundred wheels, with bikes, carriages, prams, you name it, and the toy room. The Noah's Ark with the animals meticulously lined up two by two was utterly charming.




But of course, especially with this weather, I was in my element in the garden. Modest but beautiful, the little terraces are almost like little rooms, each with something different to offer however each area is beautifully peaceful.







And though it is only spring, there were plenty of flowers to see. The lovely hyacinth displays around the garden gave a beautiful pop of colour but the red blossoms were so fantatsically eyecatching!

It was well worth the long, long journey here and though it is a bit of a mission, I am sure that Dan and Louie would be amazed with this quirky little house so we must pencil in a visit next time we visit the Cotswolds.


Comments

Popular Posts