Killerton

 Stop two on my South West to East Midlands trip landed me at Killerton. I had a gorgeous drive from Cotehele through the Dartmoor Country Park to this gorgeous part of Devon. Though I had left my little bee in Cornwall, I had a 10 hour long audio book to keep me company in the car (even though it was an incredibly predictable crime story and I had the ending sussed by disk 2 of 8...).





 I nipped in to the restaurant for a quick lunch, a yummy sausage sandwich made from entirely local ingredients, well done Killerton! Then I embarked on a little tour of the house, including the WONDERFUL fashion exhibition in the upstairs of the house. This is definately worth a visit!





And then there was the gardens. Oh the gardens. They were sublime! I will definitely revisit next year when I have the bee in tow!

Comments

Popular Posts