Upton House

 Today we visited Upton House with our friends, the Stephensons. I took my shiny new telephoto lens to play with and I had an awesome fun time exploring the colourful gardens.





 I forgot just how splendid the grounds were. I just love revisiting places, finding new things each time with fresh eyes.










 As the entire property was made over just as it was during WW2, the garden was mainly planted with fruits and veggies for the war effort. We lost count of the amount of strawberries we saw and the artichokes looked gorgeous all lined up in rows, it just goes to show that a functional garden is still a pretty one. Especially when it is lined with sapphire blue delphs!




Jus how beautiful are they all! Its just a stunning, stunning garden. After a very thorough romp in the gardens (involving many games of hide and seek) we made our way to the house, but more on that tomorrow ;)

Comments

Popular Posts